Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Has Always Been My Favorite

Well, I figure today I am not really into anything deep so instead I will blog about my favorite holiday... which just happens to be coming up tomorrow. :) I have loved Halloween for as long as I can remember. I love to look at all the original costumes that some come up with and I totally love to be scared by the "creepy crawlies of the night". John never quite understood this fascination by me since I totally detest so many of the movies that deal with being scared and gore. I just remind him that ghosts, the tingling sensation you get when you know you are being watched, and the gentle brush against your leg of an unknown entity is very different than someone going around with an ax murdering people. To illustrate my point a bit... I love the Sixth Sense but movies like Saw are just a bit too much for me.

Anyway, normally I totally decorate my house making the Great Room look about like an old abandoned house. I even have a custom made candelabra that I place on my kitchen table. I love the total ability to use your imagination. This year there was just too much going on and I chose not to decorate. It was probably for the better since things have been so hectic. But you can be assured that next year I will be back into the swing of things and I will post pictures.

Several years ago, I did a haunted house in my garage. It was just small and didn't really have anything special but it was fun. Some day I'll get a real haunted house set up again. We'll see. Speaking of haunted houses, some of my fondest memories as a teen was going with a good friend of mine to the haunted house in a nearby town. They were one of the best in the area (they still have it actually) and her dad worked there so we would go visit. It was always a blast. Especially when all the creatures of the night knew your name. *WHAAHAAAHAAA*

Well, I can't think of much else to talk about with Halloween right now without boring you all. I think this is why I sometimes don't blog about real life... I am boring. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment